- ELIGIBILITY: The Earth Day Every Day Selfie Contest is open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Finger Lakes Reuse are not eligible to win.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, participants must take a picture of themselves (“selfie”) in front of one of the “Ultimate ReUse” murals at Ithaca ReUse Center (214 Elmira Road, Ithaca, NY 14850) and post the image on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #thinkReUsefirst. The contest opens at 12:00am ET April 22, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm ET on May 22, 2017. On Friday, May 26th a winner will be randomly selected using Randomizer (www.random.org). Finger Lakes ReUse, Inc. may at its sole discretion disqualify anyone who violates the rules or undermines the integrity of the promotion by posting inappropriate photos or using profanity in comments or photos.
- PRIZES: One (1) Prize will be awarded. The prize is a $50 gift card to be used at Ithaca ReUse Center and/or Triphammer ReUse Center (2255 N. Triphammer Road, Ithaca, NY 14850) and a Size Large “ReUse Is Gorges” t-shirt . Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Finger Lakes ReUse is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise.
- RANDOM DRAWING: Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about 12pm ET on Friday, May 26, 2017. Each entrant will be assigned a number and a number randomizer program will be used to select a random entrant number. The number randomizer’s decisions are final on all matters relating to the promotion. Prize Winner will be notified by a post or direct message on or about 2pm ET May 26, 2017. If any prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner.
- GENERAL RULES: The prize is non-transferable and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made. Finger Lakes ReUse reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. Any and all taxes are each winner’s sole responsibility. Each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions made in regard to the promotion. Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an entry in the promotion, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that Finger Lakes ReUse shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes and applicable law. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AGENCIES, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THAT MAY ARISE IN ANY WAY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Finger Lakes ReUse shall not be responsible for any errors in these Official Rules. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Finger Lakes ReUse that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the promotion, Finger Lakes ReUse reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and award the prize(s) from among all eligible Submissions received prior to cancellation or termination. Finger Lakes ReUse is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, postage-due or damaged Submissions or Internet technical, hardware, software, telephone or transmission failures of any kind, which limit a person’s ability to enter the promotion. Sponsor and Agencies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Submissions. The Sponsor and Agencies are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Submission to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.