We’re turning 15 this Wednesday, October 26th!
Starting with only a handful of employees and a pooled investment of $700, Finger Lakes ReUse was incorporated as a nonprofit organization in New York State on October 26, 2007. Since then, ReUse has grown in scope and size to provide community benefit programs, each designed to address key local issues. Today the organization employs over 90 people and operates multiple community-benefit programs, including:
- two ReUse Centers (214 Elmira Rd and 2255 N. Triphammer Rd);
- the ReSET job training program, providing engaging, hands-on work experience in high-demand occupational fields;
- the eCenter computer refurbishment program;
- Deconstruction and Salvages Services, an alternative to traditional demolition practices;
- the Ithaca Fixers Collective, a volunteer-run group dedicated to repairing reusable items; and
- the ReUse Materials Access Program, a pilot program providing store credits to local people and nonprofits in need of supplies.
Since 2018, Finger Lakes ReUse has diverted an estimated 9 million pounds of materials from being landfilled, or 225 pounds per Tompkins County household.
Photos by Sean Campbell
We want to say thank you while celebrating this 15-year mark this Wednesday!
All day Wednesday, October 26th, all furniture, clothing, movies, appliances, housewares, music, electronics, books and building materials are on sale* at both Ithaca ReUse Center (214 Elmira Road, Ithaca, NY 14850) and the ReUse MegaCenter (2255 N. Triphammer Road, Ithaca, NY 14850)!
Stop by earlier in the day to catch cider and treats available at both locations while supplies last, too.
* Cannot be combined with the Super ReUser discount, color tag discount and all sales are final